Forum Autikowe Forum Strona Główna Autikowe Forum
Forum o autyzmie, czyli co o tej chorobie wiedzieć powinniśmy

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

Rory McIlroy didnt have his best stuff this week and, if you

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Autikowe Forum Strona Główna -> Co to jest autyzm?
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Bellroll33

PostWysłany: Sob Lip 13, 2019 03:36    Temat postu: Rory McIlroy didnt have his best stuff this week and, if you Odpowiedz z cytatem

Rory McIlroy didnt have his best stuff this week and, if youre a professional golfer, thats very, very scary. For a while on Sunday during the final round of the PGA Championship, one of the most exciting and memorable in many years, it appeared as if the Northern Irishman was going to let the peloton of chasers pass him, that his run of exacting play was going to end. When he stood in the 10th fairway waiting to play his second shot, he saw Rickie Fowler birdie to go up three shots. Phil Mickelson and Henrik Stenson were also ahead of him. It was, he admitted later, time to make something happen, and thats just what he did. “I needed to sort of stay patient and just sort of bide my time and wait for something to click,” McIlroy said. “Something to happen and that something happened on the 10th-hole. To make eagle there was a big turning point in the tournament and, from there, I kicked on and played some great golf down the stretch.” Great golf, but not the kind of golf that saw him win his last Majors by three, six and eight shots. This time, he had to grind it out and push himself uphill to the finish line. But he did just that and its that performance that makes it all the more satisfying. “To win it in this fashion and this style, it means a lot,” said the 25-year-old. “It means that I know that I can do it. I know that I can come from behind. I know that I can mix it up with the best players in the world down the stretch in a major and come out on top. “Phil Mickelson, the second-best player in this year and this generation, to be able to beat him on the back nine on a Sunday; its great to have in the memory bank and great to have in the locker going forward.” If it was impressive to watch him lap the field in his previous Majors, it was stunning to see him control the back nine on this occasion. Over the final five holes, each of the trio of chasers made a bogey: Stenson and Fowler on the 14th, Mickelson on the 16th. McIlroy played that stretch in one-under. Oh, there was that helping hand from the PGA of America on the final hole. As the sun was setting, Mickelson and Fowler allowed McIlroy and Austrian Bernd Wiesberger to hit their tee shots before the former pair had played their second.But then the PGA, hustling to get finished before enduring a massive logistical and possibly financial nightmare to come back for a Monday finish, told the last two to play their second shots to the green. It was a breach of etiquette and one a gracious McIlroy made sure to acknowledge to Mickelson and Fowler in the scorers room, as well as in his thank you speech on the 18th-green (a ceremony that took place basically in the pitch black). What Rory did was simple: Control the ball. Control his emotions. Control the game. And thats whats scary if youre a golfer. Or impressive if youre a fan. Earlier this year, McIlroy sat down with Jack Nicklaus and had a long conversation about all things golf. The Golden Bear told the Holywood Kid that he only had his best stuff in about five of the 18 majors he won. The other times, he simply found a way to win. Thats what McIlroy seemed to discover yesterday - that he can beat the best without his best. McIlroy refused to call this a new era, a passing of the baton from that broken-down, old Tiger Woods. “People can call it what they want, thats for them to decide,” he stated. “I just know that I can win tournaments.” Its easy to get ahead of ourselves so soon after a victory, to anoint the new king before the old one is gone, but it sure seems as if the next few years are going to be fun to watch if yesterday was any indication. John Elway Womens Jersey . -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed left wing Dany Heatley to a one-year deal, returning the 33-year-old unrestricted free agent to the Pacific Division. Steve Atwater Jersey . LOUIS - The St. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/Youth-Steve-Atwater-Broncos-Jerseys/ .The rookie goalie made 36 saves to help the Calgary Flames blank their Pacific Division rivals 1-0 on Saturday following a 48-hour ordeal that included lost baggage, a cancelled flight and a new pair of contact lenses. Noah Fant Womens Jersey . Locke overcame a shaky start to pitch seven innings and Josh Harrison had three hits to extend his hot streak as the Pirates beat the Miami Marlins 7-3 on Wednesday night. Noah Fant Jersey . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt and listen on TSN 690. The Canadiens have won three in a row and four of their last five games and recently put the finishing touches on a 3-1-0 road trip. OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- When it came down to it, Jacoby Jones decided he just wanted to stay with the Baltimore Ravens. The 29-year old wide receiver signed a four-year contract with the Ravens Thursday after agreeing to terms on the contract Wednesday. "I wasnt even thinking about the money," Jones said. "Its the fact that this is probably the only place that will let me be myself." He later joked, "The city, the state, the organization, the coaches, they know I kind of dont have it all together up here, up top -- some loose ends -- and they all accept that." The former "Dancing with the Stars" participant was in the midst of a meeting with the New York Giants Wednesday when he made the decision that he wanted to return to the Ravens. After meeting with the Giants, Jones got in a car to head downtown and meet New York executives for dinner. During that car ride, Jones said he told the driver to head to the airport, that he wanted to come back to Baltimore. Jones agreed to terms with the Ravens later in the day. "Couldnt be more excited," coach John Harbaugh said. "Once again, we keep adding our guys on our offence. Our offence is getting better by maintaining the guys that we haave here right now.ddddddddddddquot; Jones is the third offensive player to re-sign with Baltimore since Feb. 28, joining tight end Dennis Pitta and left tackle Eugene Monroe. Jones signed with the Ravens in 2012 after spending the first five seasons of his career with the Houston Texans. With Baltimore, he has been a weapon on special teams. He has five returns for touchdowns the last two years, including a 108-yard return for a touchdown in Super Bowl XLVII. But he also started nine games at wide receiver in 2013, and Harbaugh envisions him continuing to play a role on offence going forward. The Ravens hired Gary Kubiak in January to be their offensive co-ordinator. Kubiak was Jones coach in Houston during his time there. "Its just a great opportunity for us," Harbaugh said. "Jacoby is a playmaker, but hes not just a playmaker. I think everybody understands what he brings to the table in terms of ability to break open a game at any time, but hes also a quality receiver. "Hes a special teams player, but hes also a guy that can do the things that you need to do to move the chains when you need to move them. . And without question, we believe that his best football is in front of him." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Sob Lip 13, 2019 03:36    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Annalise

PostWysłany: Sob Lip 13, 2019 18:38    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Witajcie
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Sob Lip 13, 2019 18:38    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Autikowe Forum Strona Główna -> Co to jest autyzm? Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: